Are you a photographer who enjoys capturing the beauty of the world through the lens of your camera? If you answered yes, you have an excellent opportunity to display your ability to the rest of the world. The 5th edition of the UNESCO Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads picture contest invites young people aged 14 to 25 from throughout the world to participate. The UNESCO picture contest encourages photography as a method of encouraging cultural contact, mutual understanding, and peace among people living in Silk Roads regions. Don’t pass up this opportunity to share your vision with the world!
The United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural body (UNESCO) is a United Nations body that promotes worldwide collaboration via education, science, and culture. UNESCO initiated Silk Road Programs to foster cultural exchange and collaboration among countries along the ancient Silk Road. These programs aim to maintain and promote the Silk Road’s cultural history while also increasing mutual understanding among diverse civilizations. The Silk Roads were ancient trading routes that allowed for the flow of goods, ideas, languages, and cultures. They reached the Iberian Peninsula from East Asia, travelling through Central Asia, North Africa, and Europe.
The themes for this year are Architecture, Monuments, and Urbanism. Photographers who want to take part might capture the splendor of historic cities along the Silk Roads. They may demonstrate to the world the internal architecture and designs of historical monuments, locations, and a blend of architectural styles and motifs present in Silk Road cities. Some modern cities and monuments bear witness to the legacy of these routes. It is also crucial to evaluate the impact of urbanism and architecture on individuals and communities along the Silk Roads. Along these paths, architecture and urbanism can help to promote sustainable development and preserve cultural heritage.
This worldwide photo contest gives young photographers a fantastic opportunity to achieve notoriety and help to the preservation of their cultural heritage. The UNESCO Photo Contest 2023 provides an opportunity to demonstrate your talent and originality while supporting cultural diversity and heritage. However, time is of the essence, so apply as soon as possible. Make sure you’re prepared to show the world what you’ve got and take advantage of this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. The world is eager for you to demonstrate your talent and ingenuity. So, don’t pass up the opportunity to make a difference!
UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
Themes of the 2023 Youth Eyes on the Silk Roads Photo Contest:
This year’s UNESCO photo contest themes are architecture, monuments, and urbanism.
Number of Awards:
The UNESCO photo contest contains two categories and a total of six awards.
Anouncement of Theme Winner:
The winners of the UNESCO photography contest will be announced in September 2023.
Benefits of the UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
- This contest will allow young photographers to demonstrate their skills.
- It will foster photographic creativity and innovation.
- It will offer the opportunity to win professional or semi-professional cameras, which can be costly to purchase.
- The first prize will be a professional-grade digital single-lens reflex camera with an 18-55mm lens for the winners.
- The second prize will be a semi-pro digital camera.
- A digital camera will be the third prize.
Criteria for Eligibility in the UNESCO Photo Contest 2023:
- Applicants from all over the world are welcome to apply.
- The competition is available to persons between the ages of 14 and 25.
- There are two age groups: 14–17 years old and 18–25 years old.
- Minors must have written permission from their legal guardians to participate in the competition.
- Entrants must have Internet connectivity in order to participate.
- The entrant’s participation is completely personal, and he or she may not enter the contest on behalf of another individual.
Guidelines Before Submitting Photos:
- Photos should feature architecture, monuments, and urbanism relevant to the Silk Roads topic.
- Only basic photo adjustments, such as altering brightness, contrast, cropping, or color balance, are permitted. Such modifications must be clearly mentioned in the image’s description.
- The photographer’s personal information must not be revealed in the photographs.
- If selected for exhibitions, participants must provide high-quality pictures that can be printed on multiple media.
- Any photo that does not fulfill the contest’s conditions may be removed by the organizer.
Terms and Conditions for Photo Submission:
- Participants must guarantee that they are the sole owner of any pictures submitted and that they are original.
- Participants have the ability to provide permission for the use of their images.
- By submitting a photo, participants agree to its unrestricted use on the organizer’s and its partners’ websites, as well as social media platforms. Without permission, the photographs will not be utilized for commercial purposes.
- The names of the photo contest winners will be published in all publications by the organizer.
- Participants grant the organization permission to use their name and likeness in promotional materials.
- The photographer and UNESCO should be given credit for the photographs.
- Any issues arising from the competition will be resolved through arbitration in accordance with UNCITRAL rules.
How to Enter the UNESCO Photo Contest in 2023:
- Create an account on the competition website to apply.
- Then carefully fill out the application form.
- After that, upload at least one and no more than twenty images to the online application.
- Submit the application form and images with it.
- Wait for confirmation that your application has been submitted.
You must apply for the UNESCO photo contest by July 31st, 2023.
[epcl_button label=”Apply Now ” url=”https://unescosilkroadphotocontest.org/participate” type=”outline” color=”green” size=”regular” icon=”” target=”_blank” rel=”dofollow”][/epcl_button]