The Canadian Government established the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024 in 2008 to honor George Philias Vanier. Georges P. Vanier was a well-known Canadian soldier and diplomat. From 1959 to 1967, he was Canada’s acting Governor-General. The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships program, often known as the Rhodes Scholarship of Canada, is created in such a way that it has become a new attraction for highly competent, intelligent, and brilliant individuals – either Canadian nationals or international students studying in Canada.
The Vanier Scholarship 2024 seeks thinkers with leadership skills and exceptional scholastic achievements in the social sciences, humanities, natural sciences, engineering, and health-related sectors. As a result, this Canadian post-graduate scholarship program selects PhD students based on three factors with equal weightage. Academic excellence, research potential, and leadership qualities are the selection criteria. Because there is no interview for the nominated scholars for Vanier CGS 2024, the materials given by the candidates are used to analyze all three selection criteria.
This one-of-a-kind Canadian Government Scholarship in Canada has an exclusive application and selection process. Under this scholarship, Canadian institutes get Vanier’s CGS quota. Applicants must apply to the institution and indicate their desire to receive a Vanier Canadian Government grant for the Ph.D. program. The institutions nominate all of the selected candidates for this Vanier fellowship in Canada. The next lines go over the entire application process and procedure in depth. Furthermore, all relevant links are provided in the post for the convenience of readers and applicants.
The Canadian Institute of Health Research, the National Science and Engineering Research Council, and the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council administer the Vanier CGS scholarships in Canada. Each year for three years, the Vanier scholars get a $50,000 award. Annually, the program accommodates and supports up to 166 scholars. In exchange, these researchers and world-class bright minds contribute to the development of an effective and innovative environment in Canadian universities, as well as in Canada as a whole.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship in Canada 2024:
- Canadain Institute of Health Research
- National Science and Engineering Research Council
- Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council.
Benefits of the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024:
- A $ 50,000 grant will annually be given to the scholars for three years.
- Applicants may have a chance to pursue their Ph.D. in his/her own desired Canadian institutions.
- The studies of the applicant will be fully or partially funded based on his/her academic achievements, research proposal, and leadership qualities.
Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024 Eligibility Criteria:
- The candidate must be a Canadian or foreign student enrolled in a program in Canada.
- The applicant must be a full-time student at a Canadian university pursuing a PhD program.
- The candidate must be nominated by a university that is eligible for the Vainer CGS universities quota. (On July 1, the list will be updated.)
- The applicant must be in their first year of a PhD program.
- The applicant must not be receiving any other doctorate fellowship or scholarship from any of the three Canadian agencies, CIHR, NSERC, or SSHRC.
- The candidate must have earned a first-class grade point average in the previous two years of study.
- Students pursuing combined professional degree programs (MD/PhD, DVM/PhD, JD/PhD) are eligible, however only PhD tenure is funded.
- Candidates’ research proposals must include a significant amount of research.lp
- The applicant must not be a faculty member at a Vanier quota institution or any other university. To be eligible, the applicant must be given leave from the institution for the PhD program.
- The applicant must be enrolled full-time. If the student is disabled or needs to support their family, he or she can enroll as a part-time student.
- When compared to a full-time student, a two-month study will be deemed a one-month study for part-time students.
- Employees of the Canadian Federal Government are only eligible if they will be having an unpaid leave from the government.
- Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements can apply for both Vanier and agency-specific Ph.D. scholarships. However, if they are chosen for more than one scholarship, they will have to choose only one.
How Can I Apply for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024?
- The applicant is unable to apply directly to Vanier Scholarships 2024.
- Candidates must first apply to the institution that possesses Vanier’s CGS quota.
- The institution must nominate the applicants for the scholarship.
- Applications must be submitted before the internal submission deadlines. Each university has its own internal submission deadline.
- The nominates are then sent to the Vanier CGS program by the nominating institute before the deadline.
Application Procedure for the Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship:
- Candidates must begin the procedure by investigating Canadian institutions on the websites of Canadian universities.
- Ensure that the Vanier CGS quota for the chosen institution is met.
- Once all of the aforementioned requirements have been completed, fill out the ResearcNet application form. Complete all of the Vanier CGS application steps in the ResearchNet form.
- The application can be written in either English or French.
- Follow the presentation guidelines for the materials that will be attached.
- Complete all of the required tasks.
- Your stats must be complete before submitting your application.
- The activity record will be updated once the application has been submitted to the nominating institute. This application will never be changed again.
- If the institution returns your application to you via ResearchNet, it will provide a revised due date. You may revise and resubmit your application.
- If your application is chosen for nomination, you will receive an automated email and notification from ResearchNet.
- If you have not received any letter, you can inquire about the progress of your application with the institution.
Documents Required for the Vanier CGS 2024:
- To apply for the Vanier scholarships in Canada, candidates must have all of the following documentation.
- A form for applying to ResearchNet.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- A curriculum vitae/resumé.
- The research contributions should not exceed one page.
- A personal statement demonstrating the candidate’s leadership qualities.
- Two letters of recommendation from leaders.
- A study proposal of no more than two pages.
- Maximum of five pages for project preferences.
- Academic documents such as transcripts and certificates.
- In the case of a part-time student, proof of exceptional circumstances is required. The proof may not be longer than 0.5 pages.
The Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarship 2024 has two deadlines.
Internal Institution Deadline:
The proposed institution’s internal deadline will be published on ResearchNet. Each organization has its own internal deadline. The candidates must adhere to the deadline.
Program End Date:
The program’s end date is November 1, 2023. The nominated institutions must adhere to this deadline.
[epcl_button label=”Apply Now ” url=”https://vanier.gc.ca/en/home-accueil.html” type=”outline” color=”green” size=”regular” icon=”” target=”_blank” rel=”dofollow”][/epcl_button]