The research (based on computational biology) will be centered on the creation and/or integration of -omics data for the understanding of pathogen resistance mechanisms. NGS (genomics and transcriptomics) will be employed in the study to describe resistant bacteria and a wide range of drugs. The study program(computational biology) comprises of selecting, characterizing, and/or analyzing mutant organisms that are resistant to recognized antibiotics. The candidate will use NGS and bioinformatic pipelines to work on mutant strains (also accessible from earlier investigations). The planning, execution, and analysis of studies utilizing different antibiotic concentrations, as well as the identification of mutations capable of conferring antibiotic resistance, will be given special consideration.
- MS in Bioinformatics, Biological Sciences, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- R, UNIX, and Bash scripting knowledge are required.
- Experience creating, supporting, and using bioinformatics pipelines.
- Experience with statistical analysis and modeling of genomic/transcriptomic data.
- Knowledge of public biological data repositories (PubMed, SRA).
- Biological Sciences
The application deadline is August, 28,2023
[epcl_button label=”Apply Now” url=”https://www.bio.unifi.it/vp-509-open-positions.html#” type=”outline” color=”green” size=”regular” icon=”” target=”_blank” rel=”dofollow”][/epcl_button]